Monday, July 23, 2012

I'll 醤油

So yesterday, my host family took me to a soy sauce factory.  It was about an hour away, but in a different direction than we'd ever gone before, so I got to see lots of new things on the way there.



These are edamame plants.  They were just outside the factory parking lot for no reason.



Here's a nice little spring nearby.


Here's an old barrel so you can see just how big they are.



Here's the soy sauce being made.  I'm not sure exactly how because the tour was just a bit hard to understand, but I did get that it sits in these for a whole year.  This was taken from the restaurant on the top floor.



And so was this.  GUESS WHAT FLAVOR IT IS.  DID YOU SAY "SOY SAUCE"?  YOU'RE RIGHT. It was really good, and cold enough that it was foggy.



This is a rice cracker, except soft.  It was also very, very good.



Here's those barrels from earlier, but from below.



They even gave us soy sauce samples at the end of the tour!  It was great.



Here's the view from the top floor.  Not much, but I like it.  The whole area smelled like soy sauce, too.



This was dinner.  THAT EGG IS GOING IN THE RICE.



SEE?



YEAHHHHHHH
This is actually one of my favorite things here.



You could see the mountains as we left, so that was nice.



On the way back we stopped at my host family's garden to pick tomatoes.  Look at them!  I helped even though I'm not going to eat any.



Isn't their garden nice?



These flowers were nearby just because.  I don't know what kind they are.



One of my host family's friends had picked some potatoes, so we ate a few as we waited for my host dad to get back from the store.  I like my host family's friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment