Monday, July 2, 2012

Lazy

Today was pretty normal, although after all the weekend's excitement, that was more or less a welcome change.

On my way to school I saw these two geese (ducks?), the first of which was REALLY doing his best to climb those stairs.  It was adorable.



The second one just sat there.



And here are the rice fields as of this month, looking for all the world like a regular field until you get too close.



Lunch was reasonably fun.  I tried to make everyone in our regular group smile, but it resulted in this: 



Ayaka was very quiet at first, but deep inside she's totally weird and it's great.



Speaking of weird, here's Wesley being himself.



Okay, so I'm still not sure why, but apparently there's a popular Farmville-style Smurfs game for phones over here.  Misaki is really into it, but I'm still not sure whose idea it was to make a game based on an old, old European cartoon in 2012.  Misaki also enjoyed hearing about how all the Smurfs have names like "Brainy" that denote what they do/how they act in the village.



Spiderman came out here, so there's Spiderman bread in the food area.  I plan on having some tomorrow; it should be restocked by then.



After lunch, there was more waiting and talking with friends.  I helped Sasara read a book, which felt really weird because she's eighteen and not six, but she got good English practice out of it.

Tomorrow is a long day, but I just found out the singer for my favorite disbanded visual kei band is having a solo concert in two weeks.  It's about half the regular price of a concert here, so I'm going to see if I can make it.  That band hasn't existed since 2007, so seeing him live would leave me just silly with nostalgia.  Especially because he'll probably be doing a few of their songs, and ESPECIALLY because he seems to like to do all my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment