Monday, July 16, 2012

Okay, here's yesterday.

My host family started the day by taking me to Humpty-Dumpty.  It's like a Hallmark store, but Japanese.



See?



Same kind of stuff.



Except there's also a cafe.



After that, we went to a shrine.







Cedars are very important at this shrine, because there just happens to be one that's 1,000 years old.






Lizard on the tree!




After that, my host family asked if I'd ever been to the Taoist temple in Sakado (there aren't a lot of Taoists in Japan, by the way).  I had not, so we went to that.  It looks like every kung fu movie's dream set.




These people were in costume for the same reason people are in costume at anime conventions.  Pictures were being taken, as an event was apparently scheduled at this place for that purpose while we were there.  The rest of the pictures explain themselves.













Yeah, see, here are some of the people dressed up.



And here's the view from the balcony.



For lunch we did kaiten-zushi again, that thing where the sushi goes around on conveyor belts.



You select what you want with this and then a tin space ship zooms to your table with your food on it.



We started with this seafood thing.



And here's how much we ended up eating in the end.



We then went to the drink store, an I photographed this ad with Perfume on it.



They sell dried tomato slices as a snack.



And also delicious flakes of corn.



After that, I went off to have dinner with Lucas, Evelyn, Dominik, Sophie, Sona, and Wesley again.  I brought along this drink I got at the store.  It's squid ink soda, and even Japanese people thought it was weird.  It was actually really good, though.



Sophie and Sona are, as I have said before, hard to photograph.



But I got one.



And another.



And another.



We went to karaoke afterwards, because why not?






And here's a video of me doing "Asylum Garden" by Buck-Tick.  I didn't do very well, but keep in mind I'd only tried this song twice before.

The camera is just pointed at the screen somewhat because everyone else had left.  I didn't want to stop yet, so I stayed another hour by myself.



I'll be going to karaoke again tomorrow, so hopefully there'll be another video then.  Also, I'll do today's update tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment