Wednesday, July 18, 2012

IU IU IU

Today was the last meeting of our international program, so I went to that.  Not really an event worth photographing, so I didn't do that.  After it was over I talked to Misaki a bit, then came home and had this for lunch:



It LOOKS like spaghetti, but it's udon with spaghetti sauces.  It was very different but it was good anyway.  Colin was coming to Tokyo for the night, so I decided to go see him in Shinjuku.  That's kind of a long trip for just a few hours of walking around and stuff, so I looked up two stores for used visual kei CDs in the area and headed off soon after lunch.



At the station I had this salty lychee drink.  That's the flavor.  It wasn't actually that salty; it really just tasted like lychee that wasn't as flavorful as it could be.  Still, though, I'm glad I got to try it.

The first store, Closet Child, has two Shinjuku locations.  One is used clothing and the other is used CDs.  I stopped in the clothing one first, but it was far too small to be able to take pictures without someone seeing.  The second location was similarly difficult, so there are none from that, either.  I did, however, manage to sneak some pictures of Pure Sound, the second store.



This is a cassette tape of a song called "Kimchi" by Sendai Kamotsu.  They're not an old band.  They're just a weird band.



Here's one of the CD isles at Pure Sound.  I LOVE THIS STORE.  Used visual kei at stupidly reasonable prices.



Except this, which is a cassette tape of an X-Japan concert from 1984.  It goes for $1,300.  I will never, ever own it without resorting to theft.



Here's the Closet Child sign since I couldn't get a picture inside.



Here's Shinjuku being itself.



And more of that.



Once Wesley and I met Colin, we ended up going to Shibuya to try and find a place to eat.  On the way there, we saw this tiny dog and his friend (not pictured).  TINY DOG.



Shibuya being itself.



We settled on a katsudon place, and I had curry katsu.  The best way to describe exactly what that is would be "this".



THERE WERE MANY ADS FOR IU'S NEW CD.



More Shibuya.



And this nice little garden.



The cafe next to the Shibuya Tower Records has been changed into an IU cafe.



And inside Tower, there's a huge display of IU stuff.



Which includes a dress she wore and an apron she signed.



Wescalator



I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE IU



Here are the CDs I bought today!  Lareine's Fuyu Tokyo, Phantasmagoria's Subjective or Ideal, Ghost's Bi-zarre Collector, and D's Neo Culture.  Everything but D was less that $5, but that's one of my favorite albums ever so I made a point o finally buying it today.



And just because, here's a CD collection progress picture.  Forty-seven!  Think I can make fifty before I leave?

1 comment:

  1. GO FOR IT! I'm sure you'll be able to find 3 more CDs to add before you leave. Now, 25 more after that would be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete